Eve Audio Reviews
EVE Audio SC307 Active 3-Way Monitors
Fancy a 3-way? Then you'll like this active pair..
Excellent construction quality. Powerful bass response. Simple DSP setup to help suit the listening environment.
Slightly dull high-end. Bass too prominent.
A beautifully put together pair of monitors with a smooth, warm, distinctive and appealing sound.
Read the entire review HERE
Eve Banner Ads
The birthplace for Eve Audio is Berlin, Germany, famous for its über-stylish art and long culture and history. Berlin has been called "the world in miniature" and over the centuries has come to embody both classical and cool. To Eve Audio's CEO and Lead Designer, Roland Stenz (a classically trained musician, electrical engineer and loudspeaker designer), the rich influences of daily living in this city have led him to pursue a new standard for excellence in sound reproduction. His passions for creating both music and new technologies inspires everyone at Eve Audio.
Reference monitors are tools for the creative professional. By taking a fresh look at every element and component of traditional active monitoring systems, Roland and his team are able to bring qualitative improvements in performance as well as enhance the users' experience, all while delivering an elegant and durable design that will meet the highest demands of both professionals and home users.
To begin this adventure, new drive units were required. While Roland himself was instrumental in bringing Air Motion Transformer high frequency driver technology to the professional and consumer audio market, it was clear further development was essential to realize the goals. New materials and techniques are used to lower distortion and reduce coloration while making manufacturing more efficient and consistent. The result is a more natural response, more precise sound staging and spaciousness with reduced fatigue over long listening sessions in the AMT RS1, RS2 and RS3 tweeters.
As important, new low frequency drivers utilize a unique honeycomb glass fiber design that result in a very light diaphragm with tremendous stiffness, delivering Eve's uniquely clean and punchy bass and pleasantly smooth response through the crossover to the RS series tweeter.
Roland and his team take a new approach with amplification, as well. Using high-quality DSP and PCM amplification, a new architecture has been achieved, with benefits across the board through manufacturing, compliance testing as well as consistent sonic performance. Such innovation enables precise control over several filter sections, including accurate volume control and phase settings and of course overall system response. This is achieved through a brilliant and elegant single front-panel control, with Eve's unique LED ring display, providing information on all system parameters and filter settings that can be easily "locked" once each speaker is acoustically optimized to the listening space.
With a lifetime of musical experience playing multiple instruments, as well as countless hours of recording and production, Roland and his team also engage a wide range of other industry professionals and "Golden Ears" to assist in the important task of finding Eve's "voice" - the one voice that speaks from every model and each speaker. The voice is receiving praise from all corners - trade press and working professionals all around the world have come to prefer, and in fact, count on Eve Audio for their critical listening and production decisions.
We invite you...
- Own tweeter developement based on a proven principle of an air motion transformer but with a more efficient magnet system
- Inner construction has been further developed for more precise making of a tweeter = leads into a more accuratesound reproduction
- Low distortion diaphragm material
- Wider front slots for less sound coloration
- Ultra light (glass fibre layered) but very stiff (honeycomb structured) diaphragm
Electronics & Operations
- High resolution DSP filtering with Class D amplifiers
- User friendly interface for precise control over filter sections, phase settings and volume
- All filter settings adjustable at front
- Dimmable LED ring indicates set volume
- Volume tuneable from "Mute" to ”+10dB“
- Back side dip switch to lock volume or filter settings temporarily and independently to avoid misuse or random changes
- Tweeter protection with a removable grille - The Grid - that latches onto the tweeter magnetically
Design and Balance
- A well-balanced frequency response for critical judgement over your mixes
- Tight and punchy bass with no unwanted noise or wind due to large rectangular back firing bass ports
- Clear and detailed high frequency response based on further developed tweeter design
- One range with a nice and clean design and that goes from small to medium to large
Model Specific Features
- SC204 and SC205 house screw inserts on bottom to mount on microphone or speaker stand; threaded screw inserts on rear side for different wall mounting solutions.
- SC305 and SC307 (3way systems = one woofer is a bass, the other one bass mid driver!!) provide a switch on the rear side to change woofer frequencies. Huge benefit for dealers and distributors is easier warehousing because there is no need to separate left hand and right hand units
- Huge benefit for users is if they decide to change the bass woofer from inside to outside (or vice versa) they can do this without disconnecting and carrying speakers around.
- SC407 and SC408 house a rotatable middle part for horizontal or vertical installations. Advantage: two installation alternatives with one model.
- All Subwoofers are remote controlled. Volume control for subwoofer only or for the entire 2.1 system (satellites and subwoofers)
SilverCone 2-way systems
SilverCone 3-way systems
SliverCone 4-way systems